* First session from July 19 - August 12, 2002, the National Assembly elected:
- State President: Tran Duc Luong
- Vice State President: Truong Thi My Hoa
- NA Standing Committee: 13 members
- NA Chairman: Nguyen Van An
- Prime Minister: Phan Van Khai
- Chief Justice of the Supreme People’s Court: Nguyen Van Hien
- Procurator General of the Supreme People’s Procuracy: Ha Manh Tri
- Council for Ethnic Affairs and Committees of the National Assembly: Committee on Legal Affairs; Committee on Economy and Budget; Committee for Defence and Security; Committee for Culture, Education, Youth, Adolescents and Children; Committee for Social Affairs; Committee for Science, Technology and Environment; Committee for External Affairs.
- National Assembly Secretariat: 11 members, headed by Bui Ngoc Thanh
- On March 17, 2003, the NA Standing Committee issued a Resolution to establish three agencies: the Committee on Legislature, the Committee for Deputy Affairs, and the Committee for People’s Aspirations, under the NA Standing Committee.
* 9th session from May 16 to June 29, 2006, the National Assembly elected:
- NA Chairman: Nguyen Phu Trong
- State President: Nguyen Minh Triet
- Prime Minister: Nguyen Tan Dung
- State Auditor General: Vuong Dinh Hue
* 10th session from October 17 - November 29, 2006, the National Assembly ratified Vietnam’s membership of the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
* 11th session - Final session of the 11th National Assembly from March 20 - April 2, 2007
The National Assembly considered, discussed and approved the Law on amending and supplementing a number of Articles in the Law on the Organisation of the National Assembly in order to create the conditions for the 12th National Assembly to continue renovating its organisation and improving the quality and efficiency of its operation.
Accordingly, the National Assembly agreed on the establishment of the Committee on Laws and the Committee of Justice of the National Assembly on the basis of the Committee of Legal Affairs; and the Committee on Economy and the Committee on Finance of the National Assembly on the basis of the Committee on Economy and Budget.
The 11th National Assembly lasted from 2002 to 2007, with 11 sessions.