* First session in Hanoi from June 6-10, 1971
- The National Assembly elected:
+ State President: Ton Duc Thang
+ Vice State President: Nguyen Luong Bang
+ The NA Standing Committee with 23 full and three alternate members
+ NA Chairman: Truong Chinh
+ Prime Minister: Pham Van Dong
+ Committees of the NA: Committee for Legal Affairs, Planning-Budget Committee; Committee on Reunification; Committee on Ethnic Affairs; Committee on Cultural and Social Affairs.
* Third session in Hanoi from February 18-21, 1973
The National Assembly passed a resolution on the signing of the agreement on ending the war and restoring peace in Vietnam.
* Fourth session in February, 1974, the NA Committee on External Relations was established.
* Fifth session from December 23-25, 1974, approved a resolution on amending Articles 11 and 12 of the Law on the Election of NA deputies of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.